Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Photo Display Inspiration


For my first official Mother’s Day, I received the most darling picture of my daughter in a gorgeous frame from Pottery Barn.  I think you’ll agree that the mother of pearl and silver frame is the perfect accent to what is already a perfect picture (at least in my eyes). 


 This framed photo will most certainly be going on my desk, but it did get me thinking though.  I have so many pictures that I’ve never bothered to get printed, as well as plenty of prints that I’ve put off framing.  I somewhat attribute it to a lack of time and the expense, but mostly because I just don’t know how I want to display them. 

So, I’ve scoured the web in search of some inspiration, and here are some of my favorite picture displays and photo walls.  Enjoy.


 Distressed, white frames going up the staircase


Combination of black and white frames


Simple 5x5 photo collage to create a minimalist look
Download the template here


Black and white photos in painted frames, with vinyl lettering



Clipboard Wall Art - Great for a playroom wall and easy swap out pictures


Floating shelves are a great way to display pictures and eliminates holes in the wall
 


Utilizing a small wall


A pop of color




Need more ideas for how to hang your pictures?  Check out some of these simple guides and templates for a little inspiration on how to to display artwork and photos in your own home.






You may also want to use this idea and map out your photo display with paper.  Simply measure all the photos or frames and cut out sheets of paper the same size.  Use painter's tape to attach them to the wall and move them around until you reach your desired configuration.

 Better Homes and Gardens via Centsational Girl

Hopefully you got some inspiration from these finds, I know I did.  Happy hanging!

No comments:

Post a Comment