Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Goodbye Clarisonic: The end of a Relationship

I wanted nothing more than for my Clarisonic Mia and me to have a healthy, beautiful relationship.  After all, this skin cleansing system "comes in a variety of colors and fits your active lifestyle while offering beautiful skin at home or on the-go."  What wasn't there to love?

For months I had been reading about the various Clarisonic cleansing tools in beauty blogs, fashion magazines, and was looking for something that would help me out with my combination, acne-prone skin.  Thus, at the end of last year, I took the plunge and ordered my very own Mia in a pretty light blue.  I tracked the shipment for days, and was so excited when it finally arrived!  I used the cleansing system according to directions and opted to use my Mia nightly and wash away all the dirt and grime from the day.  After a week of use, I was impressed with how clean and smooth my face felt, and thought that perhaps I was seeing some minor improvements in my appearance.

Then I hit a bump in the road.  On my face rather, and several of them!  (**Enter screeching break sound**)  My face began to break out and I was horrified.  However, I took a deep breath and decided that I would press on with my little blue brush, and find a solution.  I went back to my trusty Purity face wash by Philosophy and, ceased all use of the Deep Pore cleansing brush head, only using the one for normal skin and waited another week.  The new acne wasn't going anywhere, and so I logged on to Sephora to see what other users were saying for some advice.  I read rave reviews about the Sensitive brush head, and several people claimed they were having issues with emerging acne until they switched, so I followed suit and ordered my new Sensitive brush... and Nothing! 

I followed up with the Acne-Prone brush head... More NOTHING!  This Mia and my beloved Sephora friends had failed me, and I must admit I am fairly devastated.  I tried every brush head, tried sanitizing with rubbing alcohol, purged through as some readers suggested, and the only thing that actually gave me some relief was when I stopped using the Mia

So after all the build-up and all the hype on the Clarisonic Mia Cleansing System, I have concluded that it just does not work for me, no matter how much I wanted things to work out (just like my boyfriends of the past.. ha ha).  And so I say "goodbye Clarisonic."  Off to Ebay you go, and on to the next facial care & acne control method I go.  

Next up... The Oil Cleansing Method

No comments:

Post a Comment