Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Head Board Hunt

I've been searching for the perfect head board that will act as a beautiful focal point in my bedroom.  For months I sifted through the various options and always knew that I would end up choosing something upholstered.  I wanted something comfy and sturdy to sit up against while I read before bed and frankly, I think my boyfriend's shoulder was getting a little of me leaning on him.  But which one was I to choose and just how much was I willing to shell out for the perfect piece?  (Not much if you know me) 

I considered making one like this, that Centsational Girl did so beautifully for her master bedroom, but do I really have the time for all that?  Probably not, but her blog post did get me thinking about how much I love nail head trim..

1
2
3  
4

And as I explored the nail head options, I realized that most of the nails were brass, some had the tendency to rust, and truthfully I'm just more of a silver gal when it comes to decor.  So I think nail heads were nixed.
5

6
7
 Ehh.. But the plain head boards were boring, and the patterned ones just weren't cutting it.. Alas, the tufted head board

8

9 
10  
11  
There are just so many options out there and I was beginning to worry that I'd never find the right head board.  However, today I finally made the purchase.  Which style you ask?  Well, you'll have to wait and see, because so do I!  It won't be delivered for a month!  Oh well, I've already gone this long right?

No comments:

Post a Comment