Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

It was a very busy weekend for me, but I loved every minute of it.  Saturday started with a Costco trip, but we had to keep it short because we had a birthday party to attend at Noon.  I don't know about you, but I love a good Costco shopping trip and could spend hours browsing the aisles.

Aubs spent a few good hours at the party splashing around in a water table, but still refused to actually get in the pool.  One bonus that came out of attending the party (besides the amazing Carolina BBQ) was getting the baby over her fear of dogs.. I just hope it lasts.

While I didn't manage to give myself a manicure on Friday evening, I was able to squeeze it in after the party while the baby and daddy napped.  I even got to indulge in some "girly TV time" which almost never happens.  Once the nails dried, I whipped up my boo's favorite dinner:

Baby Scallops in a White Wine Cream Sauce over Linguini. 


As if Saturday's dinner wasn't delicious enough, we fasted through breakfast so we could eat our fill during a Father's Day lunch at Fogo De Chao in the city.  If you've never been to Fogo, or any Brazilian Barbeque restaurant, I urge you to go.  Nothing better than the finest all-you-can eat meats, salad bar, fried polenta, and these amazing little cheesy bread poufs!





Of course the best part of Sunday was celebrating my super amazing boyfriend's very first Father's Day.  He even humored me by agreeing to wear matching T's with Aubs.  I love it, don't you?!


No comments:

Post a Comment